TRL-IL’s mission is to advance the awareness, understanding, and use of evidence-aligned reading instruction throughout Illinois. We believe all children can learn to read, and all educators are entitled to the tools and training to teach them.
- We set forth to achieve our mission by:
- Bridging the gap between research and practice.
- Working to demystify and disseminate the body of multidisciplinary research explaining how people of all ages can attain literacy.
- Providing readily accessible information and support for teachers, administrators, legislators, parents, educational institutions, and the broader community regarding maximally-effective reading instruction.
- Building community among stakeholders to support and encourage each other to continually improve.